Ok I'm back and I am here to stay. I promise. Pinky promise. Scouts honour. Cross my heart. Hahahaha. I have missed blogging and like always I am sorry. As Ozzy said in her previous err post :) ...we will try to be more efficient with this blog. We would like to thank all the ppl that follow this blog...we lovee yaa...you guys are great and we promise to make this blog more fun for you guys... :)
Anywayyy.....OMFG ...we went to Nigeria this Christmas..yayyyyy!!!! I really really REALLY hate to say this but mehn once I got out of that airplane....I JOAN CAVEN was hit by CULTURE SHOCK! hahahahaha. I mean its not like I didnt live in Nigeria for more than 10 years of my life so what the hell was going on???
First of all there were wayyy too many random ppl just walking around in the airport (we arrived at Nnamdi Azikwe Airport in Abuja) and those random ppl looked like they hadnt slept in ages...meaning they were equipped with blazing red eyes...(oh lawd I hope u guys dont think im insulting Nigeria...i love my country...I sweaaaarrr!!!)
2. I can almost swear that the thermostat in Nigeria is broken cus that heat is not a joke. Abuja was blazing hot like fire...like my eyeballs were POPPING from the heat...sunglasses are a definite MUST in that state.
3. The stench immediately we got out of the plane was memorable. I'm gonna leave it at that...LOL.....I feel WICKEDDD.....but im just reporting how I felt....im being truthful ( New yrs resolution)
4. NEPA!!! In Abuja there was basically light all the time which was great...but in the village we were basically 24 hrs with the gen.
5. You see...we are Igbo and like most Igbo ppl, we just had to be in the village for the holidays...I think its a must for NdiIgbo....but lets just say that I saw things that I didnt have to see....it was a harsh 5 days....and i would just rather forget it. However one thing I didnt mind seeing was the farm where I saw how pineapples greww!!! Okay Im sorry I just didnt know pinepples grew from their crowns?? ( the green tops of the pineapple...hahahha..I dont know what they r called sorry). The ppl in the village are pretty nice tho. BTW..Ive never drank so much Hot maltina in my life. :(
6. The food....its great...like everything tastes so much better....I ate like 5 times a day....the Chinese food is sooo sicckkk!!! I really miss it... and of course SuYA....by the time I was leaving Nigeria...I was actually tired of eating Suya....but that ish is sooooo GOOD!!!!
7. OMFG....everyone uses cell phones now...and I mean everyone....in the village you see ppl at the stream fetching water with their cell phones...hahahahhaha...its awesoooommmeee!!!!
Okay I'm drawing a blank here.....I think thats all I can remember.....I know I sound like one of those annoying ppl that just loveee to hate on Nigeria.....I dont hate it...I love it but I just have to take it one step at a time.....Im going back this yr again but I think I'll just go to Lagos..Las gidi right...hahahahahha...hopefully that trip will be sooo much better....
Hahahaha...before i forget look at these clips....they are hilariouss!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And this one...
Like I said previously...We will be updating frequently this yr....We really missed you guys and we will let you know of our upcoming projects :) Stay blessed and Happy neww yr guysssss!!!
PS: Everyone NEEDS to see JENIFA